The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) is a higher education association of 181 Christian institutions around the world. The 121 member campuses in North America are fully accredited, comprehensive colleges and universities with curricula rooted in the arts and sciences. In addition 60 affiliate campuses fro m19 countries are part of the CCCU. In addition to their baccalaureate programs, many of our members and affiliates offer master and doctoral degrees in a variety of disciplines.
1. INSTITUTIONAL TYPE AND ACCREDITATION All member campuses must offer comprehensive undergraduate curricula rooted in the arts and sciences, and be located in North America. All U.S. members must have non-probationary regional accreditation and Canadian institutions must have the equivalent accreditation in Canada.
2. CHRISTIAN MISSION Member campuses must have a public, board approved institutional mission or purpose statement that is Christ-centered and rooted in the historic Christian faith. They are committed to integrating Biblical faith with educational programs.
3. EMPLOYMENT POLICY Member campuses must have a continuing institutional policy and practice, effective throughout membership, to hire as full-time faculty members and administrators (non-hourly staff) only persons who profess faith in Jesus Christ.
4. COOPERATION AND PARTICIPATION Member campuses must be supportive of other Christian colleges and universities and have a commitment to advance the cause of Christian higher education through participation in the programs of the CCCU and payment of the annual dues. Member campuses are urged to demonstrate continuing support for the CCCU through annual registration for CCCU professional development and/or student programs.
5. INSTITUTIONAL INTEGRITY Member campuses must demonstrate responsible financial operations, have institutional practices that reflect high ethical standards, and operate all financial and fund raising activities consistent with the standards of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, which can be reviewed at www.ecfa.org.
Affiliate members are North American institutions that have Christian missions but do not reflect all characteristics necessary for full membership.
Theological affiliates are accredited seminaries and Bible schools in North America that meet requirements 2-5.
International affiliates are institutions outside of North America that are focused on Christian undergraduate education in the liberal arts tradition.
Members Affiliate Members Theological Affiliates International Affiliates